Nelson Mandela University
Associate lecturer /Senior Lecturer/Lecturer
Post Code: 4436
Department: Agriculture and Game Ranch Management
Campus: Port Elizabeth
Permanent, Eastern Cape, Port Elizabeth
Nelson Mandela University is a new generation university, committed to offering accessible higher education in a dynamic environment of excellence and innovation. We are committed to the growth and development of our people as the key to our continued excellence and quality.
Core Job Purpose: To teach, conduct research and interface/engage with the game ranch industry.
Key Performance Areas:
- Teaching in the Game Ranch Management programme in the fields of commercial Business Management (Leadership Development and Strategic Management), Game Science and Game Utilization
- Facilitate student learning at postgraduate level in Business Management, Game Science, Game Utilization and Production
- Conduct, supervise and publish research relevant to Game Utilization (business management) and sustainable ecological production
- Engage with the game industry in terms of management, teaching and research
- Perform administrative and management functions in the Department of Agriculture and Game Management.
- The ability to understand the game industry as an integrated and complex system and to work across disciplines within the game utilization business milieu
- The ability to engage and work with people to achieve results beneficial to society
- A proven ability to network with practitioners and researchers in industry
- The ability to apply theoretical scientific concepts in practice
- The potential to conduct applied research and publish research results
- Capacity and aptitude for teamwork and to be able to work with groups of people
- The ability to be creative and innovative in the workplace
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in two of the three official languages of the Eastern Cape.
- For appointment at associate lecturer a relevant B degree is required
- For appointment at lecturer a relevant M degree is required
- For appointment at senior lecturer level a relevant Doctorate is required
- For each of the above, relevant industry work experience outside of an academic institution will be advantageous
- Demonstrable knowledge and the application of sustainable soil-plant-animal-management interactions in a commercial land use enterprise will be advantageous
- A willingness and ability to pursue work in the field of Game Ranch Management, Game Utilization, Game Science and Ecological Agriculture
- Willingness to excel in research.
Enquiries: Ms Fa-eeza Grimsel; tel. 041 504 3555 or via e-mail: email@example.com
Closing date for all applications: 28 July 2019
Nelson Mandela University reserves the right not to make an appointment. In considering candidates for appointment into the advertised posts, preference will be accorded to persons from a designated group in accordance with the approved University's Employment Equity Plan.